Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Tuesday daydream

So today is March 11th and the snow is beginning to melt here. I don't know, but this winter seems as if it's hung on longer than those of the past few years. Maybe it's because it's the year anniversary of our last vacation to the Philippines coming up this Saturday. The only thing we've done since then is a short trip to Detroit. Yes, the trip was refreshing at the time, but I'll tell ya what...I've been sitting on the commuter bus, closing my eyes and visualizing myself under a palm tree wiggling my toes in the sand.
Here I am bitching again about living in Minnesota...land of the deep freeze and tater tot hotdish. Granted, the schools are good, the neighboorhood we're in is safe, family friendly, and clean, but there's something missing for me. There's not a whole lot of adventure in the land of lime jello and buttered dollar buns with ham. It is nice here, but there's that little tickle in the back of my brain that says..."screw it, move to the Philippines, start a school for Koreans that want to learn English, set up a few more businesses, open a diving shop, and start over...Hey, it's just money. It can be gained...it can be lost...but life is to enjoy and to be experienced. I know we're supposed to go to the Wisconsin Dells sometime in May for a couple of days and we'll go to the Black Hills in August...to take pictures of Mount Rushmore and see a real live buffalo, so there are some things planned... but I want to get away now...Far, Far, away. I guess dreaming on the bus isn't a bad way to pass the time, but jeez...the blue water and the warm winds are calling me again.

1 comment:

Mama Nabi said...

sigh... yeah. That's about all I will say about that.