Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crabby is as crabby does

I sort of lifted the title of this post from Forest Gump, but I thought it was applicable today. Everyone here at the office is out of sorts and none of us want to be here today. My goal, as I see it, is to stay calm and controlled in my cube and not stir up anything. I think if one of us started anything, the others would be like a pack of pirannahas gashing out hunks of flesh until the offending party is nothing but a pile of bones. The girls and I are just plain touchy today. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that we have an extended day here at El Rancho Ai. It's orientation for new spring students and that starts at 5:00 and runs until 8:00 this evening (thank God I'm not teaching evening ESL classes this week!). Sooooo...it's a long day and I have to be exceptionally nice, since my job involves meeting new students and setting up class schedules with them. Somebody slap me and make me pleasant now!!!

On the home front...The Bun loves her princess bike, but her older brother took to riding it around inside the house that first 24 hours that we had it (it was too snowy to use it outside, so we brought it inside for her). This really irked the bun and she had a few fits of crying, but she's the tough one out of the two, so she got over it. Speaking of her toughness, I want to give a little of it to Goobs. The Bun has been a bit naughty these last few days. We have reports from daycare that she's hitting him and pulling his hair. I hope he's just being a good big brother by not fighting back since he's so big compared to her. She's becoming more bold about it though and I think Goobs needs to show her that it's not appropriate. I think he needs to give her a little bit of a smackdown...not hard, but just enough to say..."Hey!!! Stop doing that crap because it hurts!" I talked to J about it and she kind of thinks that way too. We'll have to see what happens with the two of them.

And...enough of this winter crap. I am itching to get out the grill and start my outdoor cooking passion. We've got a little ipod docked stereo I can take outside now and just jam to tunes and grill. I am really missing the scents of spring and summer...with my grill. Time for me to dust off my tongs and spatula. I want to get an apron this summer so I can look a little more professional. One of the things I want to do buy a chef's jacket from the bookstore here. I've been the advisor to the culinary students for two years now and I've never gotten a chef's coat. With an apron and a white coat...I would feel soooooooo coooooooooooool!!!

5 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

Oh man... just the other day, I could smell someone's grill in our neighborhood. Mmmm.

Hmmm, I have a feeling that I will be letting PN take the grill - since he uses it and I don't. Oh, well...

Dad Stuff said...

You gotta get the chef hat too! And make sure the apron says 'Kiss the Cook'.
Happy Spring. Twins baseball is right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

i love to grill so much, i don't care what the weather is like outside (the grills - yes, i have two of them - are under the covered patio so that helps)! but then again it doesn't get minnesota cold here . . .

if you decide to get an apron for grilling though, get one designed specifically for grilling (i'm pretty serious about grilling), BUT if it's just for a bit of added fun, get the one with the bikini painted on it! =)

(*maybe it's cause i'm asian, but i say let the goobs "go off" (mildly) on his sister - that's just the way siblings learn . . .)

Anonymous said...

"Time for me to dust off my tongs and spatula."

Is that code for something?

TroyBoy said...

:::slap::::

I hope that helped. Nice blog.