Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So Happy it's Wednesday

Wednesday...Midweek...Humpday....that time where you can actually see the weekend coming...Yup...that's today. Luckily, we've got Good Friday off and students won't be around for a week after that, so I'm feeling a little bit better. I don't have to teach in the evenings next week, so I'm really excited for a short break of sorts. I'll still have to be here at my primary job, helping students get back into school by writing letters of appeal to the Dean. I'll have to get a new spread sheet set for the upcoming quarter, but honestly that won't take too long. Yes, the sun is shining and there's a rainbow out there.

The Bun was quiet and well behaved this morning. J's got this glider chair and ottoman set up near the kitchen that's her "morning coffee chair." She and the Bun were sitting there this morning as J got her morning java hit. I rolled out of the bedroom at about 5:50 and Bun squealed "Daddy" and ran to give me a hug. The morning hug was just what dad needed. Aaahhhh, it's nice when your little girl runs to give you a hug. Goobs was pleasant again this morning and was really good about getting his boots and jacket to go. What a nice surprise this morning.

It's kind of funny...The Bun has started to sing Barenaked Ladies songs to herself. One of her favorite things to do is to go into her room, turn on her little boom box with the BNL's Everything to Everyone CD (she knows how to do that now) and bounce on her bed. She thinks she's a little trampoline artist. Goobs has been watching Diego and has imagined his belt to be a "rescue rope." I think he's trying to rescue stuffed animals...I kind of scolded him because the rescue rope went around his own neck (actually, I was wanted to appear angry and scare him). I just have awful fears about ropes or belts and necks of little kids... So, the kids are playing well. I have to admit they started pushing each other and yelling "Stop it!" to each other. I should have been serious and broken them up...but the last time they did that, I just hid behind the corner and giggle a little bit. They were such cute siblings fighting with each other. I have memories of that too, so I'm not too worried.

Well...back to work. That's all for today.

1 comment:

Mama Nabi said...

All I'm saying is that I want J's coffee chair. Well, I wish I had one. Aw, Bun seems to be doing all kinds of cute things lately! (Even the cheerio thing was cute, admit it!)
I have a fear of the rope and kids combo as well - might be because I saw something on TV about preteens and this game they play where they 'hang' themselves until they pass out... scary.