Monday, March 3, 2008

Not so lionhearted

It's Monday here again at the Samok ranch. Everybody is either back at work or in daycare-good thing. It's time to start back on a regular schedule again. This will be short today. I will be honest today and say that I'm a little nervous. I made an appointment with my physician by phone today. I'll be seeing him on Thursday. I've noticed a few things physically within the past few months and I'm tired of being an ostrich...hiding my head in the sand and hoping symptoms might go away. I won't go into detail at this time, but I find that I'm not as brave as I thought I was. I'm actually a pretty big chicken. It might be nothing and I might have lost a ton of sleep for nothing. Then again, if it is something a little ugly, I'm facing it and getting it treated. I talked to my mom (a retired nurse) about it and she said that it's appropriate for a man of my age to get these types of things checked out and visiting the doctor is a good thing. If it's such a good thing, why am I so damned frightened?

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Perfectly normal (to be worried about the Dr.)

I too am one that hates both the Dr. I always imagine it (like I do when I take my car somewhere to be repaired) that they will find out that not only is there something wrong with what I came to them for, but they have found a half-dozen other "items of intrest".

Oh, and you may want to fill out these papers that will make taking a second mortgage out on your house to pay for these repairs (treatments) - cuz it's going to be a doozy of a bill...

Thankfully, it has never been anything significant, and it was all in my head.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Good Luck.

David.

Mama Nabi said...

Of course, if they did any tests, waiting for the results is... worse.

Hope everything turns out to be nothing and that you're healthy, healthy, healthy!

samokdaddy said...

Sorry for the bad attempt at humor, but they are going to have to take a look up my "tailpipe" and the exhaust system. I know that's good for us older vehicles, but I still don't like it.

I was doing fine today...J and the kids left early and I had a little time to myself at home before I left for work and Katie Couric came on and told the TV audience that what I'm fearing is the second leading killer of cancer sufferers...I went to pieces for about a half an hour. Maybe it's better if I just not think until we get this thing figured out.