Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bits and Pieces of Tuesday...

I'm feeling a little tired today. I think I'm recovering a little bit from the weekend. On Saturday, I did my lesson planning for the week and went to a St. Patty's Day gathering. The Bun was feeling under the weather, so she and J stayed home and Goobs and I went over to the party. I have to say that he was the perfect little gentleman. He sat on my lap at the table and ate ice cream while the adults chatted and laughed. Of course, he had his eye on the TV in the next room and would move back and forth because the "Incredibles" was on at the time. We left the gathering at 10:00 and drove home. We were about 5 minutes into the 20 minute drive home and I glanced back to see him in his car seat. He was completely wiped out. I had to carry him up to bed, take his clothes off, and put him under the covers. These are the times when I love being a daddy...of course, when he and the Bun are beneath the table wrestling at a restaurant...that's a another story completely. But, in the end it's all good. J told me that she was happy because she felt like the house was a mess, so after the Bun went to sleep, she steam vaccuumed the the dining room/living room and the front steps. She always likes it when there's no one underfoot and she can make her house nice...she's kicked me and the kids out before and done it...she always looks a whole lot happier when we return. To me it seems like a chore, but for her it appears to recharge her batteries-she has alone time (quiet too) when the Samok Daddy and the Samok kids are out of her hair. But...I think I've got to do something nice for her...
Getting back to why I was tired...I think I went off on a tangent there...I spent all of Sunday working on my assignments for Educational Law. It wasn't very exciting. I had to research a couple of Supreme Court rulings on students getting suspended (Goobs and the Bun better pray that they never get suspended) and write a legal brief (I think I'm kind of crappy at that) and answer an online question. I started in the morning and finished at about 6:30, just in time for dinner. I would like a day off from everything, but I think that won't come for a while. I just have to keep one foot in front of the other. I'll get home tonight about 6:30, eat dinner, play with the kids for a little while...get them ready for bed and J and I will have about an hour to ourselves before we crash. The thing that sucks about being this busy is that J is just as tired as I am. If I'm not home and working, she's taking care of the kids by herself, which I know, takes a hell of a lot out of her. She is the best...that's all I can say. If I whine about how tough it is, she basically tells me to shut up and keep going. There are a lot of folks who work hard for their families, so we're not unique. She's a good motivator. I can say this about us. I am proud that we are doing all we can to take care of our children. We are not rich, but we work very hard and will continue to do so.

On the good side of things...the Bun has not created a lot of noise early in the morning for the last few days. Yes, she has gotten up early, but there has been no ruckus for Cheerios or Fruit Loops. Goobs is as hard to get up as ever. He was crabby when I got him up to get dressed. I gave him his clothes this morning and he complained that, in his humble opinion, his pants didn't match his shirt. He got a new shirt and was happy. J and I wondered where he learned about clothese matching and style...my boy...the four year old fashion expert. I hope this discerning eye doesn't come back to bite us in the butts later on when he's a teenager.

It's a good day today. Who can complain when you've got a great family and a life like mine? It's a little bit of a hassle, but what the hell. It's sho' nuff interesting and it's never boring.

1 comment:

Mama Nabi said...

:-) You're so positive (well, except when it comes to scary appointments with doctors...) that I think I want what you're taking.