Monday, February 4, 2008

Weekend fun

It was an eventful weekend at the Samok abode. Let's see...where should I begin? Saturday, we discovered the guest bathroom (aka the kids bathroom) had a plugged toilet. After cleaning out toilet paper, we found one of the big hubs in the kids' tinker toys set was jammed down in the "bowels" of the commode. Goobs did finally admit to being the culprit. More art, seemingly disguised as early childhood cave etchings, was discovered in our daughter's room. There were also more attempts at beginning fist acuffs accompanied by screaming and crying. The Bun, despite her small stature, takes it right to Goobs. It's almost looking like an even match now. Now I don't advocate my kids getting in tussles, but I suppose they should be able to work out problems and hold their own when dealing with each other. All in all, it was a less than restful weekend with the kids.

We did get to the zoo on Saturday for about an hour. J, being the smart woman that she is, insisted that we buy a family pass to the zoo. The zoo has been a godsend for days when both kids just had too much energy for the house...and of course, they love going there, so who can complain. Plus, they learn whenever we go. Since it is winter in the great white north, we confine ourselves to the indoor "tropics"exhibit and the Minnesota Trail. I have to say, I love going to the tropic exhibit, for the big aquarium they have there. Each time I go, I find myself wanting to get back to the Philippines to be in warm water and swim with the beautiful fish. I'm getting that feeling on the bottoms of my feet again. It's been a year since we went back...and I'm itchin' to jump on the plane, forget it all, and just be a beach bum daddy. I know that you guys hear that whining from me all the time...but please...calgon...take me away...now!!!

4 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

Did you see the dolphin show? I took LN to it last time we went to the zoo and she really liked it. It was a bit chilly when we went but we were still able to go outside... man, I got a lot of exercise pushing that stroller!

You should take Goobs to see the display in Science Museum (on 5th floor - the main ticket floor - inside the exhibit, at the restroom entrance) where they show various 'rescued' items from sewage.

Mama Nabi said...

- actually, I take that suggestion back... it may seem TOO cool and Goobs may try sending the museum new items via the toilet.

samokdaddy said...

nah, we only had an hour. We had forgotten that the winter hours of the zoo are from 9-4. We got there at 3:00, so that our time was limited. The aquarium in the tropics is the best, but Goobs does like to touch the rays in the pool in Discovery Bay.

Anonymous said...

haha! AM has stuffed/flushed her fair share of too much TP more than once. my personal favorite is wen she just runs out of the bathroom without telling me anything's happened!

i would like to complain about the winter weather with ya, but i got to ride the bike multiple times this weekend. (on one trip i was actually dressed too hot!)