Thursday, February 28, 2008

at home and miserable

I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it has. The kids have been sick all week. J and I have been alternating taking care of kids this week. I had to take Tuesday off and I was scheduled to take today off as well to be with them. They've been pukey and had the runs all week long. I am home now because I've finally caught what they've had. They're here and running around like little wild things and I don't want to move. I've got some homework to do for my new class in grad school, but I'm putting that off too. It's the all too exciting Educational Law. Tooth extraction sounds more fun, doesn't it kids? The stomach bug and Educational Law...who could ask for more?

Mommy's are so much better at carrying on with life when they are sick. Basically, I fall apart and don't want to move. J still just fights on through things and everything gets done. Okay, I admit it...I am a typical guy who turns into a giant wussy when he gets sick. I am trying to be like her, but let's face it...girls are better at that crap. I don't get it...I've run long distances, jumped out of airplanes, been under the ocean, and done a whole lot of other crap, but when I get sick I turn into the worst basket case that exists...hey, I gotta run. Goobs wants to paint now and I don't want the kitchen to look like the a reinactment of the Battle of Gettysburg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nevermind idle hands, paints and magic markers are the devil's tools.

Mama Nabi said...

Hope the kids feel better soon - there's something going around everywhere! ICK!