Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday and the beginning of another week

Saturday's competition was fun and filling. I think I had chicken coming out of every pore of my body...so many varieties that I can't even name them all. Culinary students from our school placed first and second, so I'm very proud of them. Everyone did a bang up job, so I was all smiles on Saturday evening. We also had a student place second in Design also, so it was a great time. We've got another higher level convention/competition coming up in Atlanta in the middle of April, so we'll se what happens next.

The Bun is at home today. She's been throwing up since Saturday...Poor Bun and poor J. Since I was busy with the competition, J's been home with the pukey little girl and a very hyper little boy. I took Goobs out sledding for a couple of hours yesterday and we got some energy out of the little guy, but he still seemed a bit hyper last night. They're all home today. If the Bun is still sick tomorrow, I'll be homebound with them.

I really don't want to be at work today. Honestly, I'm feeling like "anywhere but here", but there's nothing I can do about it. J has started thinking about a summer vacation for us in the Black Hills. She's been online checking out every activity that tourists with small kids can accomplish. She printed them up and put them in a small binder for me to peruse. I looked through them, and I admit I'm excited too. I'd rather go out west than go back to Detroit for a vacation...not that we didn't have fun...but it's Detroit for heaven's sake! J wants to see buffalo and antelope...and Mount Rushmore...and all that other stuff. She's even found an official western safari that ends with a chuckwagon dinner. That woman is now all gassed up for the Black Hills. I just hope that she doesn't die of boredom on the drive west on I-90. Hey, the kids will liven that part up...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya'll should consider a trip to san antonio. it's a great family vacation spot. (six flags fiesta texas, sea world, the river walk, great zoo and botanical gardens . . . plus there are plenty of rivers and lakes around. then there's the alamo, more spanish missions and some other great touristy spots . . . oh and the "safari", natural bridge caverns, schlitterbahn (america's #1 waterpark) and a whole other list of things to do . . .)

if you timed it right, you could stay here while the kids and i are away. you'd of course have to feed the cats and dogs . . .

samokdaddy said...

Angie: That's cool...we've talked about San Antonio...J's best friend and her husband (one of my good buddies) live in Las Brisas. I think that would be fantastic. The only problem this time around is timing. The Black Hills are only a 11 hour drive from us. It looks like San Antonio is a straight shot down from Minneapolis on I-35. We are also driving two cars right now that aren't good road trip mobiles...a Dodge Neon and an old Oldsmobile Cutlass. When the Cutlass dies, we're getting a minivan. If we get the Minivan...well then things could change just a bit!

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say..

ARE WE THERE YET?!?!

Anonymous said...

email me when you get that mini van!