Thursday, January 31, 2008

Donuts with Dad

This is going to be a short and sweet post. I took some time off this morning to attend Goobs' preschool's event "Donuts with Dad." The dads were all invited to come in and share mini donuts, chocolate milk, and sliced bananas. There were about 20 dads in the classroom, sitting in little chairs, enjoying donuts with their children. There were dads in suits, jeans, and warmups... There were short dads, tall dads, big dads, and small dads...and I was the old dad. There were dads in bean bags in the corner reading stories and dads doing puzzles...Dads were everywhere and it was great. I'm glad I took the time today to spend it with my son and all the other kids and dads.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Goobs is glad you were there, too! (*on a TMI/too personal note: I think that was one of the things that led me to believe that DASH wasn't for me and my family . . .)

Soccer Nanay said...

When I picked Goobs up 2 hours later, he looked at me, exasperated, and said, "Mo---om, I wanted Daddy to pick me up!"

All the moms laughed.

Mama Nabi said...

(I'm such a sap... but this got me all teary... so sweet!)

Mmmm... dough-nuts... droool. That is so cool. Along with Angie's TMI, I have to wonder if a certain other dad would have shown up.

Goobs must have enjoyed that tremendously to have wanted you to come back to pick him up!

Anonymous said...

i love it: Mooo-oooommmmm! I wanted Dad to come pick me up!

TOO CUTE!

Melany aka Supermom said...

That is prescious! One of those days I'm sure he will remember

Anonymous said...

Great story. I would jump at the chance to spend some time in The Champ's classroom with him. I figure he is there almost half his day and it would be great to experience it, even for only a little while.

Everything except the little chairs, they are a killer on the back.

Beloved said...

You may have been eating donuts, but this reeks of green eggs and ham. :) I think you should write a 'dad' version.