Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday and I'm at a loss for words

It's another one of those "my mind is completely blank" days. The only remedy for that is to start typing and see why flies off of the fingertips. This I do know...It's warmer now, so I'm grateful. We had that string of cold days that just absolutely sucked, and there was nothing anyone could do about it...Aw...you guys know how I feel about the cold.

You know that sad thing about that is my mom and stepdad are in lounge chairs on the beach right now in Ixtapa. Oh, cancel that thought...I love my mom dearly, but the mental picture of her and Bill in bathing suits getting tropical drinks from cabana/towel boys is enough to give me a serious case of the shakes. That much exposed puffy winter white skin, fresh for the burning Mexican sun just makes me cringe... Plus, who wants to think of their mom in a bathing suit, sipping on a coconut with a straw...EEK...save me (maybe the coconut juice is spiked with a little geritol). On to other topics.

It's Super Tuesday in the land of the frozen and unexcited Scandahoovians. After today, we'll have a better idea as to who the candidates will be for the upcoming election. I'm not sure I like any of the candidates at this point. Some seem to slick and political, others lack experience, yet others seem intolerant. Choosing a leader that works for the people and can hold his/her own in the international arena is exctremely important. I was thinking about who embodies the qualities I'd like in a leader and the only person that I could come up with was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Clark. Mrs. Clark was stern when she needed to be and uncompromising when she expected the best out of her students. She was diplomatic when dealing with all the children in the classroom. Everybody shared when Mrs. Clark was in charge. Most importantly, we all wanted to work hard for Mrs. Clark. She inspired us. We wanted to be the best we could possibly be...Okay, this is a stretch for my memory, since I'm in my forties now. I do want a leader that excited me and gave me hope like Mrs. Clark did. I know she has long since passed away because she had white hair when she taught me, but if by some miracle she were alive, I'd nominate Mrs. Clark to run the country. Run Mrs. Clark run...Give 'em hell, Mrs. C!

No comments: