Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The ones I love


As J left for work and to drop the kids off at daycare this morning, she gave me a hug and a kiss. I don't know why the hug and the kiss were special this morning, but they were. I've gotten that from her hundreds of times, but for some inexplicable reason it hit home today. The kiss left a warm glow in my core and I had to smile as I came in from the cold garage. She is my wife, partner, and the mother of my children...The gas in my motor, the boot in my rear, and the soothing balm for the ache in my heart.
As for Richard...aka Goobs. You are the sensetive one, who needs understanding, holding, prodding, and a dad to lay on the courch with. Even if I don't listen and respond in a timely fashion because there's some sort of idea floating around it Daddy's head, and I need for mommy to kick me in the seat to come out of the clouds, I love you...my little stinky boy! I will be there tonight to hang out, help you with the dreaded task of brushing your teeth, and lie down with you before you go to sleep.
Sami...aka the Bun. You're our little cyclone that won't quit. You wake us up early in the morning, steal toothbrushes, and physically harrass your brother (even though he's twice your size and could kick your butt...you just don't care). It's hard to chase you around when we are so tired, but it's just so much fun. Your mommy and I love it when you come to us for hugs when you are afraid of the big, bad pirate on TV when your brother is watching Sponge Bob (Hey, don't judge us if the boy likes Sponge Bob). Just say "No, no, no pirate!!!" Daddy will be there tonight to hug you and chase you around the house.
It's those times when you don't expect it that your family just crawls inside your being and you feel the love...

3 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

Aw... I'm sure they, too, appreciate you back. It's so nice that Bun has a nice sensitive older brother - she'll appreciate it fully when she's older and needs a confidante. (Okay, maybe I'm projecting here but I always wanted an older brother/confidante... :-))

samokdaddy said...

MN-I am in awe that I've got such a cool wife and kids. yeah, sometimes I'm cranky and I don't appreciate them as I should-that's when Samok Daddy needs a good kick in the pants. But...I am soooooo, every so lucky.

Melany aka Supermom said...

You have a beautiful family