Friday, December 7, 2007

ah...the smell of the grass, the sound of the crowd, the smell of the squid...

Yes... to be thinking of the grand old game again. I picture myself here in Chamsil stadium, following my beloved Doosan Bears. I think about a warm night...watching cheerleaders...yes, boys and girls...cheerleaders...between innings rallying the faithful in racous cheers for the hometeam. The fans wave their flags and beat their inflatible bang sticks and chant names in unison. God it's fun...Plus, it's like ten bucks to sit in the box seats. Ya can't beat that can ya?
So, you're thinking to yourself...yeah, but it's not the major leagues. Who cares!!! I have more fun at the ballpark here than I ever had here in the giant teflon toilet known as the Metrodome. I love my Minnesota Twins... I do...I really do, but get me to Chamsil in a hurry to watch the Bears kick some Samsung Lion Butt!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! visiting from mama nabi's blog . . .

i went to college in DC and spent countless afternoons eating barbeque and drinking warm beer while watching the O's, but there's something about watching minor league ball (the san antonio missions, of course) . . . i can almost smell the fried tacos . . .

Beloved said...

Sorry to say I'm not a big fan of baseball, and the only game I've ever been to was in Dodger Stadium, but I did attend a most fabulous pre-World Cup soccer game in Jeonju back in '02. I'd love to be back there for another one. So much fun!