Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Naked guys buying skittles

The news of the kid in Omaha shooting up a mall just shakes me to the core. What do these things happen over and over? I just can't wrap myself around it and understand. So, I need to laugh just to deal with the sheer horror of it. The only thing that comes close to making me laugh today in the news is the story of the two naked guys walking into a convenience store in the middle of the night. The way I read it, they sauntered in nonchalantly, picked up a couple bags of skittles, paid for them without incident, and left. I only have one question about the whole thing...Where did they put their change?

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Perhaps the change went into a "coin slot"?!?! (Grin)

Dont worry too much about the shooting. There are many things that happen in this world that are unexplainable. Some of them bigger (like this shooting) and some of them much smaller that never get reported on the news. I take daily calls of severe child neglect and abuse. Enough to make my stomach ache at times. While not to diminish the significance of the shooting - the daily abuse that many children in this world deal with is (for me) even more frighening and bothersome.

One thing that stood out was one woman's quote about "Where... It it safe?"

Well, life is not safe. You could get shot in the mall, get hit by a car, have your furnace go out and succumb to Carbon Monoxide, slip and fall, etc, etc, etc.

Life is... Life.

Now, so I dont get too depressed, I'll go back to the nude dudes, their skittles and their change!

Great Blog!

The Father of Five

Whit said...

My friend and I went into a store one time wearing nothing but boxers and about 5 pounds of mud, each. We bought a six pack and left. What's great is they didn't say a word or card us- and we were underage.

I didn't say this happened recently.

Allyn Paul said...

The whole shooting thing bothers me too. I read a book called "The Tipping Point" that talks about why kids are shooting places up like this.

On a lighter note, my buddies (4 of us) and I once walked into a store in speedos with goggles on our heads on a dare. THe chick behind the counter just laughed at me as she looked south! I was offended! LOL