Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ugh...growing up in public

So...I took Goobs and the Bun to Supercuts a few weekends ago to get some haircuts. Things usually go well when we do this. They staff at our neighborhood supercuts has a big bowl of suckers for kids. My wonderful offspring are well known as sucker abusers there. The two of them have gone through eight or nine suckers during hair cutting sessions in the past.

The Bun naturally follows her big brother. I suppose that's the natural order of things with a younger sibling mimicing her older brother. Goobs decided that the sofas and padded benches were great for walking on and jumping off of. Of course, the Bun decided this was great fun too. Up and down and around again...all this was happening while waiting for haircuts. There they were...two kids, squealing with glee as they, ran, bounced and jumped all over the furniture there. At least they weren't running over to the giant sucker bowl. I finally got them to stop. I did have to grab Goobs after he used the shampoo stand as a barrier. I would go one way, and he went the other. It took me a while. I would have laughed, but I was too embarrassed. I scolded him and he broke out into sobs and buried his head into my chest. Okay...we finished with that little episode. I thought it was over...Again...Daddy was wrong.

Goobs then came up with a couple of words that surprised me. I'm not sure where he got them or how he put them together. I'm still not sure about it. He popped up and shouted,"BUTT FACTORY!!!" I told Goobs that we don't say words like that. He responded with, "BUTT FACTORY" even louder. I tried a few more times to quiet him and he repeated it over and over...I finally just gave up...and then he gave up. Thank God he quit when he did.

I just want to know one thing...HAS ANYONE HAD THAT KIND OF THING HAPPEN TO THEM??? WHAT DID YOU DO???

No comments: