Friday, July 20, 2007

The reason I'm an idiot

Here goes...going back to my previous post. My coworker had started weight watchers about a month before. She had started to lose weight and was excited by that. I guess I was a moron because I told her that someone wanted to give up her seat because they thought she was "preggers." For her, that wasn't what she needed to hear. As a guy, I would have used it as a motivator...silently, I would have said "up yours" and hit the gym harder. She doesn't operate that way. I didn't think that it was that much of an issue, but I was definitely in the wrong.

Luckily, it's Friday and I am working here alone. Everybody but me took the day off. Time to regroup and deal with this as a learning experience.

2 comments:

MJ Tam said...

I almost spilled my coffee in the computer after reading this! Sorry for laughing - but that lady must really think that you're such an ass...hehe

It's great to read what a guy would read into it though...hehe

:-)MJ
http://wantsugar.blogspot.com

Mama Nabi said...

Sigh... I guess I'm more of a guy's gal than a gal's gal... I am still thinking the lady who wished to give up her seat was tackless and you're simply a man. (Notice I didn't say a "simple man". :-))