Monday, July 9, 2007

Dragged myself out of bed this morning at 4:40 for my swim. Ugh...it sucked getting up early, but once I got in the water it was okay. It was still quiet when I got back to the house to hustle to work. J was still in bed. She's usually up and in the shower by the time I'm back. I gave her a friendly poke in the back and she just groaned and told me to leave her alone. She said she had to work a little later, so it was alright if she slept a little later. I finished cleaning up and getting dressed. I wanted to wake Goobs and the Bun up, but my even though she's laying in bed, she's got very acute hearing. I was sneaking down the hallway to the kids' bedrooms and I heard, "Leave them alone...don't wake them up." She ruined my fun...

I am starting to get into this routine of getting up and getting to the pool or the gym. Run, swim bike...run, swim, bike...over and over. My closest friend finished an ironman last year. That made me feel like a true "Wus." I know that everyone that competes at any level has to start somewhere...at the beginning. I really want to compete at a small level...just a mini triathlon. It's baby steps now...Maybe if I keep at it, I'll get stronger and faster. I just have to chip, chip, chip away and not expect instant results.

No comments: