Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Good to be back!

It's been a busy week. I haven't had time to post. It feels as if I'm on a stationary bike. I'm pedaling harder and harder, but there has been no movement. I'm in the same spot that I've been in for the past week. I have found little time to blog and found that don't like the feeling of not being able to express myself. Since I've started, I have felt as if this has been like mental and spiritual exercise. Without it, I've become become flabby between the ears. I have to make myself sit down and find the time to do this.

We celebrated her birthday on Monday. J decided to do something different than doing a kiddie party. She took the Bun out to get her hair done and then they went shopping. She deemed it a "girls day out" and she wants to continue this annually. She thinks I should do with with Goobs too. In a few years the girls will go out to a spa and the boys will either go fishing or go to some kind of sporting event. We'll see how it comes out. This October, we'll be in Michigan for Goobs' B-day. We'll have a typical big Filipino suar'e (hope the spelling's right because I'm too lazy to check it tonight).
We did want to go out to one of our favorite places on Monday evening for dinner. There's this Korean place in Eagan that is somewhat close to our 'burb that has some pretty decent food. The problem was that it was Monday...Hoban is closed on Mondays. We drove over to Eagan and saw a closed sign and and empty parking lot. We ended up at the Chili's a quarter mile from our house. Oh well...we had some family togetherness on a short drive. Of course, the bun was screaming bloody murder in the back seat. She was entitled...it was her birthday after all.

2 comments:

ImPerceptible said...

Happy Birthday to The Bun!

Soccer Nanay said...

It's soiree, honey. That's why I always beat you at scrabble, my English-major-ELL-teacher-english-is-my-native-language husband.