Friday, August 3, 2007

Mom's coming tonight...

So, my mom is coming to babysit tomorrow morning because I have to work and J is taking the TOEFL for grad school. She's actually coming tonight about 9:00. Here's the rub...J wants to make sure the house is thoroughly cleaned before my mom gets here. I get it...I know that she wants to make sure our place is always presentable...it's my mom...it's a girl thing and a pride thing. I think the best thing for me to do is suck it up, say a lot of "Yes, dears," grab a broom, vacuum, or rag and get to it. J will crack the whip and stuff will definitely get done before mom gets to our place...

The cool thing is that after the work and test in the morning, will get our other babysitter for the afternoon, kiss the kids, and take mom and meet the rest of the ballpark and watch the Twins play ball. So...a little sweat before the fun and it's all good baby...

It's a pain in the but and a logistical nightmare, but when it's all said and done, we'll say that we will have had a good time.

1 comment:

honglien123 said...

You're such a good hubby for helping your wife clean. My husband just ignores me when I go on a clean streak. He gets it, he just thinks our friends and family don't care. Helping out might actually encourage my neurosis or something.

Anyhoo, thanks for the comment on my blog, so sorry you're a Twins fan. I mean, especially after that division series butt whooping my A's gave you guys last year. Alas, doubtful we'll be able to do it again this year. That's awesome that your niece gets to announce the 4th inning at today's game. Hope you guys have fun today.