Saturday, September 1, 2007

Preschool previews

It's such a beautiful day and I'm home with the kids. J is working this weekend, so daddy is at home with both of them. The weather is still warm, but the sun is lower in the sky than in mid-summer. I can feel that autumn is stepping around the corner and it gives me more energy. This is a good thing with two kids like Goobs and the Bun.

We've been to the park already this morning and they will take their naps soon. Thank God for DVDs of the Wiggles. I've snuck in the other room to post. I'm feeling like the bad boy for doing this, but hey... Daddy's gotta have a little fun.
Goobs is starting his preschool and J is fired up for it. She took him to the building last week and they snooped around. They reported back to dad afterward and told me about it. Goobs told me that it was okay and he wasn't afraid. I'll be interested how J deals on that first day. She's going to be a bit weepy as well as excited. I know that I shouldn't call her up and ask how she's doing on that first day...that'll get her thinking, which will bring some tears. It's just best if I leave J alone.
I know that she will also be taking a crapload of pictures that day. My goal that day is to be supportive and just stay out of the way. We'll see how it goes. I have to get back into the livingroom...

No comments: