Friday, April 11, 2008

What do you guys think???

It looks like my researching spouse has come up with two options for us. After looking at price and performance online, she's decided that we need to look at two kinds of vehicles...A. The 2005 Ford Freestyle and B. The 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. Each of the vehicles has about 30,000 miles on them, but each has pros and cons. They both come with ABS brakes and passenger side airbags. Ratings online make them pretty much comparable as far as safety, performance, and dependabiltiy, so we're in a bit of a quandry. The big thing that the Town and Country has that the Freestyle doesn't have is a DVD player, otherwise known as the "silencer of the masses in the back." The thing in the Freestyle's favor is that it doesn't look like a minivan. J doesn't want to look like she's driving a minivan...I guess it's a vanity thing... Honestly, I could care less. If it has decent gas mileage, is safe, looks fairly decent, and gets us from point A to point B, I don't care...Okay, I do have one requirement. I want good tunes for us...so, a good stereo is a must. If we can get it with an IPOD dock, it would be really rockin', but I'm not going to whine if it doesn't have one.

What do you guys think? Any advice for us. We'll be test driving tomorrow. I can't wait!!! I'm getting rid of my piece of crap car. Of course, I'll be driving our little red Dodge, but it's still better than my rust bucket. J will get the new vehicle...but gosh...I am excited to get ride of the Olds. Whoopee!!!

Any advice anyone has about choices would really be welcome!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get the car you feel cooler in . . . you can always get a post-market dvd player/system. costco has several options . . .

i'm looking into getting a new car also. if things work out, i think i'll be getting something different by summer's end. (i feel your pain.)