Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sugar Blues

For about three months last spring I purged my diet of all sugar. I lost about 10 lbs and felt great. I had energy and I felt as if I thought more clearly. I was an efficient machine. Then I was attacked by a rogue doughnut and the downward spiral began. First, it was a bag of sugar babies here and there. Then the occasional box of Good and Plenties. Our leftover Halloween bowl has been an evil nemesis, haunting me and beckoning me closer. I felt awful most of the time and knew it was a matter of time before I got back on the "no sugar wagon."

This morning, I put my foot down and said...No more!!! I want to feel clean and free of all the crud that has built up on my insides. About 15 minutes ago a student left a bowl of peanut brittle on my desk. They made a whole slough of it in Intro to Pastry (Why peanut brittle in a pastry class...I dunno...). It's just sitting there staring at me. I think I'll give it to one of the women in the cube.

No comments: