Friday, June 6, 2008

Here I am...again

I am sitting here on Friday afternoon. I've been working on my performance evaluation for work. As employees here we've got to fill out how we think we've done since our last evaluation. I hate filling out those things! Some folks love detailing all of their accomplishments in the past year...all I can think of is that I've done my job to the best of my capabilities. Yeah, I've put down some pretty sounding bullcrap, but in the end...does it mean anything because your boss is going to put down what he or she thinks anyway?

Yeah...so that's my dilemma. I think the best thing that you can tell someone is that..."Hey, you did a good job and you put your heart into it." These guys want a list of all your successes and crap that you were recognized for. I'm finished and I'm glad of that, but all I want is respect and a little more money to pay for all the shit that's gone up because of the price of gas.

Yeah...In the end...what does it matter. What really matters is when I walk in the door at the end of the day and Goobs and The Bun scream out my name. I get hugs and smiles. I get to eat with them and watch them fight over stuffed dogs and cats. I'm going camping in the yard tomorrow with them. That will be cool...

It's my mother-in-law's birthday tonight/tomorrow (she's in the Philippines, so it's already tomorrow. We will have cupcakes and candles and sing to her as she watches on her computer. It will be nice to see mama smile as she sees the kids stuff their faces with cupcakes and frosting. That's a birthday present she gets this year that she didn't receive last year. It's nice to come home from work and actually say hi to her at night...It's kind of weird saying hi to the laptop in the kitchen and seeing and hearing mama responding...but I'm used to it now. J is happy since she can talk to mama on a regular basis. She just can't roll her eyes at the computer...

I want to leave with this one thought...Yes, I whine about work and life and all or that...but I really want to thank God for all the beauty I've got in my life. It's a good life...

1 comment:

Mama Nabi said...

Argh - I hated that my former employer also made me do my own evaluations. Um... do I get a raise with that evaluation?

My current one - they just make me write out the eval form (as in listing my own duties... as in, um... shouldn't you people know what I do around here?).

Hope you gave yourself a star! Happy birthday to J's mom!

And yes, I think there's a mail from you to which I didn't reply yet... the answer is YES, whenever we can fit something into our schedules. Mondays and Tuesdays are good for playdates.