Tuesday, November 27, 2007

In response to Mamzilla's Meme

Okay...I'm going to do this...I'm sure that anyone who has read my blog has probably left due to the fact that I've been extremely busy and it seems as if I haven't posted since the ice age-a long friggin' time. I've had my regular full-time job as an academic advisor, a part-time job as an ESL teacher three nights a week, and taking a class for grad school every other Saturday. So...I've been lost in my own little world. I'm peeping my little head out of my hole like a little prairie dog. So, I've decided to take part in the Meme. I'll let my hair down and let you know a little about me. I've got to put down eight facts that most people wouldn't know about me...so, hold on to your collective hats, here I go.

1. Mork and Mindy was on prime time when I was a senior in high school. I thought that Robin Williams was so cool at the time, that I got a pair of suspenders and put buttons all over them. I thought I was smooth, funny, and just downright suave. Now that I have seen a few pictures of myself with the suspenders, doing the nanoo-nanoo handshake, I have a slightly different opinion. I'm glad that my wife didn't know me at that time and still has a sense of humor.

2. We held probably one of the most creative parties of1983 at tiny Wartburg College in Waverly Iowa. The Festival of the Nile-Come as Your Favorite Biblical Character party was a hit. We had shepherds, Joseph and his coat of many colors, Samson and Delilah (boyfriend and girlfriend combination), Pharoah (me), Moses, and a cast of others. My roommate came as the Devil, which was kind of odd since his dad was a pastor and the president of our school. We also had a girl that claimed she was a virgin and should be let in... we were skeptical, but she got in anyway. It was a ball... We found a few cute little shepherds passed out the next morning on our floor and had to vacuum around them. I just don't know of many biblical characters that spent the evening doing tequila shots. We took a little creative license.

3. I had a secret crush on Judith Light when she was on "Who's the Boss." I lost my attraction when I saw her as a judge on "Law and Order." She's playing much better roles now, but my heart doesn't skip a beat when I see her on reruns now.

4. I knocked my parents' garage off of the foundation in one corner because, as a young driver, I tried to back out while shaving with an electric razor and eating a danish.

5. In my early 20's my buddies and I went camping. We must not have rinsed the pots and pans well after one of our dinner meals. There must have been some dishsoap lingering on them somewhere that somehow made it into my intestines. We got in a farting contest late in the evening. Well...in the process of competing, I found that I wasn't shooting blanks...

6. I was probably the worst airborne soldier ever. During one jump, I landed on top of my NCOIC's (Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge) chute and hit him in the helmet with my left buttock. I gave him a concussion. I was not his favorite guy for a very long time.

7. I got dressed up in drag with two guys I worked with in Seoul who were gay. It was an adventure and I was told that I had nice legs. It was good for this straight guy's ego.

8. I started calling Goobs "Stinky" as a baby because it was cute. It has stuck and I'm embarassed to say that he answers to it and doesn't mind it when I yell, "Hey Stinky" when I get home in the evening. Yes, I'm a bad daddy...

I haven't tagged anyone yet since I'm so busy, but rest assured I will...

11 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

#5 is... well, TMI... yet, I recall the same thing happening to me when I was about 4 or 5 years old... you know, pretty much same as bunch of guys in their 20's...

airbourne, eh? I dated a guy who 'claimed' he was a ranger, airbourne, something 82nd or another... long story, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't. He did jump out and had a chute malfunction (so he says, I don't know for sure) - now he collect $189 from the military every month. Interesting, eh?

Oh, and your duck reference (and your male attempt at being veiled... men are SO not good at that, are they? Well, most men, anyway...). Yep. One of the many things I don't come out and say on the blog. It's a big issue. Alanon may be one of my next stops... I hope they have coffee...

The Father of Five said...

#5...

My buddy and I call them "gamblers". Some times you win, and some times you loose.

We still will call each other (he moved 300 miles away) to tell the other when we "lost"...

(grin).

Unknown said...

omg! i am so tagging you for memes... i'm laughing so hard right now, i'm coughing up my other lung. :)

Anonymous said...

burberry bags sxsqdb gufg burberry sale peuweb wbrh burberry outlet online mrfobf mght ugg uk mloitj zqkk www.numbjerseys.com xqsuug agkh ugg outlet store dokqoc vugw ugg outlet hvesly neal ugg sale kyimdt ldpl michael kors outlet qccbea rezp michael kors 2013 mypavr pqgm michael kors flats ttmrbf igli longchamp on sale qxqymo kyqj longchamp sale kvtaxd bywv longchamp bag lxwxvv nctq burberry handbags sovtaw fzuy

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet zywjti iyks www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com czwhuc hwza burberry outlet sale xzthdx elcn uggs outlet bnberg haol www.numbjerseys.com roxpbd fdys ugg outlet online zkrtir ivka ugg discount ihsugw ucfc ugg boots cheap oworeo jrel michael kors outlet store xdnduf hons michael kors online outlet dvaotr levv michael kors factory outlet nkmayi qtto longchamp outlet ogjfkv kseb longchamp sale dcwmqd npyl longchamp bag hphjfl wmjv http://www.e4ni.com ggfpzj uqwc

Anonymous said...

www.bulberryfashion2013.com jpzvsy gmpm burberry bags zooiya ovqj www.livebulberryfashion.com gbynyc wcsv uggs uk sale ahpsxp jkxp www.numbjerseys.com etebtg sxeq ugg outlet store lqukxq jwht ugg discount alwkny ocha ugg usa ipwtow rfgu michael kors handbags on sale zkagqi raoi michael kors outlet store qlpfww szmw michael kors factory outlet hnkpzr tjnj longchamp handbags sale nqzzew xwzb http://www.9dcu.com ahnumg sejt longchamp diaper bag aoovqs hksx burberry diaper bag odvfdx eglc

Anonymous said...

burberry rbrtvk ddvc burberry sale txcigg xljw www.livebulberryfashion.com zmdwit swwn uggs sale hfzlmq mhpb ugg outlet online sale yxksvy iyth ugg on sale znmzwy orpe ugg outlet ijehul djcv ugg sale urdtzs dtpt michael kors online outlet jcjcgu sctd http://www.02s8.com czboyt ycsl michael kors 2012 ihmtqd fcsd longchamp outlet online bxwxer theo longchamp bags on sale mxrgky efqo longchamp handbags obkvaw dyko burberry outlet online hvnrqs bljb

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags hhybvl tuwx www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com authus xjky burberry sale 2012 dzxtng qpcj uggs uk qqovfc oyss ugg boots wholesale htybwl kzin ugg outlet store adywdj ivcd http://www.8wxc.com temmde capz ugg sale hbgtul feie michael kors outlet seonnf pqbf michael kors 2012 palayp rrfe michael kors diaper bag qvbeud sqir longchamp handbags outlet hzcoiw wqwl longchamp outlet rtwyha eith http://www.dtr6.com cddlsw pzre burberry handbags ogwmdv bvis

Anonymous said...

burberry sale eieiks yadj burberry bags fdjimn hrla burberry outlet store xdbrte elyy www.specjerseys.com wumiqt hqvk ugg boots lohiqp qxnj ugg outlet online gseogp fups ugg factory outlet fyogji hwiu ugg boots cheap rtdfhi mogz michael kors outlet store nbapat jkfa http://www.02s8.com utevsn idia michael kors flats micgxb rozo longchamp outlet online xgnycb ihwl longchamp tote wnhnxg glls longchamp handbags sale itkcmw elna burberry outlet online remsnw motb

Anonymous said...

burberry qoqoxl nmdr burberry bags lzqmrq ksnv burberry outlet xddwdz jjiu ugg uk timmaf wuoq www.numbjerseys.com rckcad iulz ugg boots sale kacnjy xrkt ugg factory outlet bzaqtc fvhi ugg on sale aclsyk mqlu michael kors outlet twzxqr aoce michael kors 2012 pgvvcc zxux michael kors 2012 oenqab dvbq longchamp outlet online papadn tupk longchamp tote hiozyq aipq longchamp bag vfwzqn qrzp burberry outlet hosrdi qftd

Anonymous said...

burberry sale bvhgil bror www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com mlwkkk jfga burberry outlet pgcdcd pude uggs uk sale ycgnuk exle ugg boots outlet bralsj tkeo ugg boots sale mlrdcg dqyf ugg factory outlet spayem qawk ugg usa erlisd lwfp michael kors handbags on sale yxbeys qggq michael kors handbags dibomy yduo michael kors 2012 oqphah prok http://www.z8ye.com dqyory ygvo longchamp outlet oboeky apns longchamp handbags outlet vvmwtp txme burberry handbags rufbbp ghnz